Sunday 26 August 2012

You got {real} mail.

So lately I have been receiving letters in the mail...
I know right!!!
What is this concept... 
Mail coming to your house??? and not your inbox!
Get out!!!



Anyways...
As I was saying...
I have been receiving letters in the mail. Letters stating congratulations we would like to accept your son into our Kinder for next year...

Excuse me while I have a moment...

Right...So we didn't get accepted to the Kinder that we so desperately want him to get into... PANIC...
but he, we, he got accepted in to three others. 

Dear world, Please dont give an indecisive woman so many choices, especially uber important ones like kinder which lead to schools which lead to high schools and all sorts of future type things.

...You see I was bullied and bullied BIG all though school. But this was before the time people actually cared if you were bullied. And this/that affected me a great deal which I assume it would any one. AND it scares me greatly that this could happen to him....

I know, I know you cant control it all. You cant protect them from everything.blah blah blah... I get it.

So I had three to choose from... I got those choices down to two...
Then one...

I had to be at the kinder between 8 & 11.30 on Friday morning to sign paper work, show proof of age (again) and pay a deposit.

So my Son and I drove down to the Kinder and I sat just for a moment

or Two

to think about whether I was doing the right thing...making the right choice...


And that's the thing. I am qualified to teach him these things ( I have worked and studied in the industry for years)... Its trusting someone else to teach him these things properly that I worry about.

So it may have taken me a few extra minutes to get us out of the car and then we headed in, we walked past their playground and my son was super excited about the sandpit, the trees, the fairy garden... then we went inside where he took his beanie off and hung it in some ones empty pigeon hole (thanks Sebastian) We went down to the office, Master R sat in the chair in front of 3 women while I stood and answered questions, with tears in my eyes, I had to check myself twice. He also helped me answer questions and you and could hear the shyness in his voice.

He didn't want to leave. There was a class on and he wanted to play with the other children.
But with the promise of strawberries we made our way home.

And that was it ...
Now we wait to hear what days he will be attending Kinder.
I'm already prepared for the fact that I will probably be the one crying in the car park on his first day.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS
01 09 10