Thursday 8 March 2012

Keep It Simple


Usually {USUALLY} at the start of each week I sit, think and organise what crafts/activities for in and out of the home that Master R and I are going to do for the week.

 I like to have a bit of a plan {I think that comes from my CC days} because I find if I dont already have things in mind we wont end up doing much and just waste the days by doing... ummmm something see cant even remember what we dont do LOL 

anyways.

Sunday Night is usually the night I sit down and write a little plan of action for the week, 
ways to fill in the days, 
ways to keep a busy 2 YO ummmmmm BUSY, 
but unfortunately this hasn't happened in the last couple of weeks and I have noticed Master R's behaviour and temperament has been out the window, which is far from his usual awesomeness. Not his fault I might add.

I finally took the hint/saw the light/opened my eyes

So on Tuesday night I sat down and got some things organised for us to do and trawling through my Pinterest "craft" boards I came across an activity that I had Pinned AGES ago (saving for another post) from Bianca from A Little Delightful  she saved the day again and Master R loved the original idea but took things into his own hands 
which I LOVE and ENCOURAGE.  
It started when he decided he didn't want the paint colours that I had prepared 
are we not surprised.

 

Then it moved to painting a plastic take away container to make a 'sailing boat' which we had to let it dry which I might add is a hard concept to get a hold of when your 2. 

Anyway we survived the night of waiting for it to dry.

Just

and This morning when he realised it was dry he was on it straight away and added a Popsicle stick and some triangle shaped paper with blue tack and now has a sailing boat that hasn't stopped all morning and its currently 'pulling' a digger out of 'the water' love.

HOW CUTE ARE HIS JARMIES... I MEANT THE BOAT... THE BOAT!

I might add, that seeing all the AMAZING things on pinterest can be slightly intimidating, like the activities we do, do are not spectacular enough and then I remember...
Sometimes play is going back to basics, craft and activities DON'T have to be GRAND plans, it can be... 

Allowing them to jump in MUDDY PUDDLES thank you Peppa Pig. 
Its also pulling out the Chess Board when they are still awake and letting them 'have a go'.
BEST GAME PLAY I'VE EVER SEEN I MIGHT ADD


Sometimes its giving them some paint and a plastic container and just letting them go for it and watching them to see where it takes them.

Have fun with the basics

Tara xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS
01 09 10